December 28, 2014
Bob Zell will be hosting an open poetry mic on Sunday, December 28th from 8 to 10pm. Anyone is welcome to attend. It is open to readers or those who just want to listen. It’s very informal, but the quality of the poetry in the past has been excellent.
January 14, 2015
Lee S. Bender and Jerome R. Verlin, authors of “Pressing Israel: Media Bias from A – Z,” will talk and offer a Powerpoint presentation showing alleged bias in reporting against the Jewish state, with particular emphasis on the Inquirer, AP and Reuters. Program begins at 8 p.m., it is no-smoking and off-the-record.
January 21, 2015
Once again this year, Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer photojournalist David Maialetti will curate and produce the Year-End Spectacular multimedia presentation during January’s CPIJ Photo Night at the Pen and Pencil Club.
Join us on January 21st at 8 p.m. for this one-time presentation.
Send your photos now to participate. Submission deadline is January 2nd.
• Gather up to 25 of your best photos from 2014.
• Black-and-white and color photos are accepted. Any shape is fine.
• Size images at 200 dpi on the longest side. Save them as jpegs.
• Use your last name, an underscore, your first name and a file number beginning with 01.
• For example: Maialetti_David01.jpg, Maialetti_David02.jpg, and so on.
• Put all of your images in one folder. Label the folder with your name.
• Use a free Dropbox account, upload your folder and share that folder with Maialetti, using: email@example.com
Then, join us on January 21st!
Photos above courtesy of David Maialetti.
January 28, 2015
Ken Trujillo, former federal prosecutor, Philly city solicitor and prominent leader in Philadelphia’s Latino community, is running for mayor. Come out and hear why. Wednesday, Jan. 28, 8 p.m. No smoking and off-the-record.
February 11, 2015
In our continuing series of Off-the-Record sessions with those who hope to be the next Mayor of Philadelphia, former District Attorney Lynne Abraham, who is running for the Democratic Party nomination, will join us Feb. 11 at 8 p.m. Abraham was DA from 1991 to 2010 and was the first female DA in the city’s history.
Why not arrive early and order a meal from the kitchen and make sure you get a good seat?